Monday 9 November 2015

Not altogether guilty, m'lud


I have spent most of my fragmented male life admiring the female bosom, openly or surreptitiously depending on the circumstances. I must be the bane of feminists: the fascistic patriarch, reducing women to sex objects, a closet rapist, etc, etc.  Not true, but they won't believe me, they have the comforting security of the closed mind, why should they come out of their comfort zone?
In the meantime, I was greatly heartened to come across this photograph, in which one woman is clearly appraising the bosom of another. What was going through her mind? Approval? Envy? Disapproval? Disgust? Lust?
Personally, I will give her the benefit of the doubt: she was probably thinking what I would be thinking, though couched in slightly different language: What a fine pair of boobs! If you've got 'em, flaunt 'em! To which I would add, they constitute yet one more proof, pace St Augustine, for the existence of God.
So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment